Posted at: 06/02/2012 2:28 AM | Updated at: 06/03/2012 9:43 AM
Quinoa Cakes with Wasabi & Cilantro Aioli
From The City Beer Hall
1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
1/2 onion, finely chopped
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon capers
zest of 1 lemon
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
juice of 1/2 a lemon
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, for frying
1. Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a large bowl and mix
until fully combined.
2. Heat a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
3. In quarter cup scoops, form the quinoa mixture into patties.
4. Place patties in skillet and pan fry 2-3 minutes per side until
golden brown, adding additional olive oil as needed.
5. Serve with additional lemon or a dip made with sour cream, lemon
juice and avocado if desired.
Wasabi & Cilantro Aioli
1/2 cup of your favorite mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon of wasabi paste (you can buy it ready in a tube or just
mix wasabi powder with water)
1 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon lemon juice
Heat can be adjusted to your liking by adding less or more wasabi paste.