Associate Producer/Producer - Part Time, Hourly - Job #17-13
POSTING DATE: May 14, 2013
JOB TITLE: Associate Producer/Producer
STATUS: Part Time, Hourly
Some experience producing a local television newscast is preferred. Must demonstrate organizational and news writing skills. Must be able to make good decisions quickly; able to articulate choices, and communicate those choices to other news department employees. Must be able to add and subtract time. Must have good writing skills, including grammar and spelling. Must possess a four year college degree. Preference will be shown for applicants who have experience using ENPS and the Grass Valley Edit System. Must have a valid driver's license and safe driving history as determined by the Company. Driving record will be checked.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Organizing, selecting and writing stories for assigned newscasts and station website.
- Entering the information for the story choices and stories into the newsroom computer system.
- Working in the production control room to time the news program and communicate show changes to others involved in the production of the news show.
- Shooting audio/video for the newscast.
- Must work closely with anchors, reporters, photographers, production and other producers.
Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
Please send in a letter of interest, resume and writing samples to:
Christine Kimball, Office Manager
WNYT-TV News Channel 13
715 North Pearl Street
Albany, NY 12204
Fax: (518) 436-5657
No Telephone Calls Please
WNYT-TV IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.