Posted at: 06/29/2012 1:21 PM | Updated at: 07/01/2012 9:52 AM
Mojito Grilled Skirt Steak with Charmed Tomato & Avocado Sauce
From Dinosaur BBQ
• 1 ½ lbs. Plum tomatoes
• 2 T. Olive Oil
• ¼ cup red onions, small dice
• ½ tsp. garlic, minced
• 2 tsp. Jalapeño peppers, minced
• ½ avocados, small dice
• 2 T. fresh cilantro, chopped
• 2 tsp. lime juice
• 1 tsp. Kosher salt
• 1 tsp. granulated sugar
• ¼ tsp. Tabasco sauce
• 2 tsp. Dinosaur BBQ Mojito Marinade
• 2 lb. Skirt steak
• 8 oz. Dinosaur BBQ Mojito Marinade
• Pinch each of Kosher salt & black pepper
To Make the Sauce
1. Fire up the grill to medium heat.
2. Core and split tomatoes in half, lengthwise.
3. Toss lightly in oil. Grill and char both sides. Place in bowl.
4. Blend with immersion blender to created a small chunky texture.
5. Cool to 40 degrees F.
6. Fold in remaining ingredients. Check flavor. Adjust salt and sugar to taste. (Amount will vary, depending on the ripeness of tomatoes.)
To Prepare the Steak
1. To tenderize the meat, stab moth sides repeatedly with a fork.
2. Marinate in Mojito Marinade for 4 to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
3. Fire up the grill to high heat.
4. Remove steaks from marinade, pat dry. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Cook steaks to medium, approximately 4 minutes per side.
6. Top with Charred Tomato and Avocado Sauce and enjoy!