Posted at: 07/06/2012 1:50 PM | Updated at: 07/07/2012 8:56 AM
from Hattie's Restaurant
3ea Large eggs
2tbls Cream or milk
1/8C Sm. Dice andouille sausage
2tbls Caramelized onion
3tbls Extra sharp cheddar cheese
1tbls Chopped parsley
1tbls Chopped green onion
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Beat the eggs and the cream together in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Grate the cheese and set aside.
3. Dice the sausage into small pieces and set aside.
4. Chop the parsley and green onion and set aside
5. Peel and slice one small yellow onion and sauté over medium heat with a little olive oil until the onion is medium brown in color. You want to caramelize the natural sugars in the onion to bring out their sweetness.
6. In a small Teflon pan brown the andouille sausage over medium heat. Add the onion and continue to cook until the onions are warm, about one to two minutes. Add the eggs. As the eggs begin to set, pull them away from the sides of the pan allowing the remaining egg mixture to reach to pan with out getting too much color. Add the cheddar cheese and fold the omelet in half. Continue to cook on low heat until the eggs have set and the cheese has melted.
7. Slide the omelet on to a plate and garnish with the parsley and green onions.