Water restrictions in place for some local communities
Posted at: 07/13/2012 3:11 PM
| Updated at: 07/16/2012 3:54 PM
By: Emma Levine
Due to the recent lack of rain, a number of water restrictions for local communities are now in place. Below is a list of the restrictions:
The Clifton Park Water Authority is requiring a more restrictive adherence to the odd/even schedule applied annually from May 1 to Sept. 30 for unattended lawn watering.
Until further notice, residents whose street address ends in an odd number are required to restrict unattended lawn watering to 7 to 9 a.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. on odd calendar days.
Residents whose street address ends in an even number are required to restrict unattended lawn watering to the hours of 7 to 9 a.m. and 7 to 9 p.m. on even calendar days.
The Town of Clifton Park has received only one-third of an inch of rain in the last 30 days.
There is a recommended water restriction for residents of the City of Mechanicville, Town of Stillwater (District #3 & #4), Hemstreet Park and Pruyn Hill are asked to limit their outdoor lawn sprinkling to every other day.
The City of Mechanicville Water Department is advising residents with even house numbers are asked to only sprinkle their lawn on even calendar days and residents with odd number addresses are asked to only sprinkle their lawn on odd calendar days.
The Town of Niskayuna has announced sprinkling regulations that are in effect now through Nov. 1.
• Regular Lawn Sprinkling and Garden Watering - Only between the hours of 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and again from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., odd/even days.
• Automatically Timed Lawn Sprinkler Systems - Those households with automatically timed lawn sprinkler systems are permitted to sprinkle only between the hours of 4 a.m. to 6 a.m. and again from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., odd/even days.
• New Lawns and New Gardens - Those households with newly seeded lawns and newly planted gardens will be permitted to sprinkle every day between the hours of 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. and again from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. for a period of 3 weeks. Each household will be allowed two 3-week periods per year. Permission should be requested by calling the Water Department at 377-8411 and leaving a message which includes your name, address and seeding date.
Odd/Even Days - Homes on the even-numbered sides of the street may water on even-numbered days of the month; homes on the odd-numbered side of the street on odd-numbered days of the month.
Sprinkler use shall not exceed four hours per day.
Effective July 1, 2012 and until further notice the Wilton Water and Sewer Authority has imposed the following water use restrictions. These restrictions are a precautionary measure to help maintain adequate water supply for essential water use.
Unessential water use: i.e. Sprinklers, car washing, filling pools, etc. will be done only in accordance with the following schedule:
• Odd number homes may use outside water on odd number days
• Even number homes may use outside water on even number days
• All outside water use will be conducted from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. and from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Your cooperation in this program is appreciated. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences this may cause, but it is a necessary step at this time.
The Town of Princetown has an emergency water restriction policy in place.
They are requesting following water restrictions:
- No watering of lawns
- No vehicle washing
- No unnecessary outdoor use of water
These restrictions will remain in place until further notice. Any questions please call: Supervisor Mike Joyce @ 518-925-2975 or Commissioner George Mead @ 518-376-4045.
The Village of Hoosick Falls Water Department is issuing water restrictions to the residents and customers residing beyond the village corporate limits.
Restrictions are as follows: Lawns, gardens, pressure washers, motor vehicles, outside water usage.