Posted at: 08/07/2012 12:09 PM
| Updated at: 08/07/2012 12:25 PM
By: WNYT Staff
TROY - A disabled woman in Troy was rescued from a house fire Tuesday morning. It happened at a house on Fourth Avenue and 108th Street.
NewsChannel 13’s crew was on the scene and learned that a woman was bathing her disabled mother on the second floor when she smelled smoke.
She tried to put the mother on a motorized wheelchair to bring her down the stairs. It didn't work, so she called 911.
Officer Walter Tague ran into the house and carried the mother out to safety. No injuries are reported.
No word yet on the extent of the damage from the fire.