Posted at: 02/28/2013 8:28 PM | Updated at: 03/02/2013 9:35 AM
Cranberry Almond Biscotti & White Hot Chocolate
Cranberry Almond Biscotti
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, until well mixed. With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar together in a separate large bowl until light and fluffy; beat in the eggs, one at a time. Mix in the almond extract. Stir in the flour mixture just until incorporated, and mix in the cranberries and almonds.
3. Divide the dough in half. With floured hands, shape each half into a log about 9 inches long, and place on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the logs with beaten egg white.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until the logs are golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool until easy to handle. Reduce oven heat to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Remove parchment paper from baking sheet.
5. Using a serrated knife with a light sawing motion, cut the logs apart into 1/2-inch thick biscotti. Place the biscotti onto the baking sheet, and return to oven for 7 minutes.
White Chocolate Hot Chocolate
1. In a pan on stovetop warm cream until almost boiling
2. Remove from heat and stir in white chocolate chips.
3. Stir until white chocolate is melted
4. Stir in vanilla
5. Serve with whipped cream