Posted at: 05/24/2013 12:29 PM | Updated at: 05/25/2013 9:39 AM
Savory BBQ Prawn
from Hattie's Restaurant
(Click the above link, to go to their website.)
4 tablespoons ground black pepper
2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons dried whole thyme
2 tablespoons dried rosemary leaves
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 tablespoons crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 teaspoon dry oregano
2 tablespoons seasoning mix
3 tablespoons chopped garlic
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1/4 cup olive oil
3 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 lbs peeled and deveined prawns
1/2 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1. Mix all the seasoning mix ingredients in a food processor and set aside. Stored in a sealed container, it will keep indefinitely for future use.
2. Put 2 tablespoons seasoning mix, garlic, lemon juice, honey, and soy sauce in a blender or food processor. On high speed, slowly add the olive oil.
3. In a bowl combine the sauce, prawns and chopped parsley and mix until well to combined. Refrigerate overnight.
4. Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
5. Place prawns with the marinade and the cream in a large, heavy skillet and place in oven. In about 2 to 3 minutes, shake the pan to ensure even cooking and repeat in another 2 to 3 minutes. At this point the mixture should be bubbling and the prawns will be turning opaque.
6. Transfer the pan to a stovetop, over medium heat and begin adding the butter in 1 to 2 tablespoon increments, shaking the pan the entire time, allowing the butter to emulsify into the mixture before adding any more butter. This process should take about 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Serve with lots of crusty bread to mop up the sauce or over grits.