Salem fire blamed on unattended pot of oil

Posted at: 08/18/2013 8:59 AM | Updated at: 08/18/2013 9:04 AM
By: WNYT Staff

Bookmark and Share

 

SALEM – An unattended boiling pot of oil is being blamed for a large fire, Saturday evening.

The fire broke out of 6 p.m. at a home on County Route 153.

Fire crews say the man who lived there went outside to tend to his barking dog, and forgot about the pot of oil.

No one was hurt.



Advertisement


Advertisement

WNYT welcomes a lively and courteous discussion as long as you follow the rules of conduct set forth in our Terms of Use. Comments are not pre-screened before they post. You agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Use.

Advertisement

Advertisement


 

Instagram