Created: 12/28/2013 2:49 PM WNYT.com
By: Associated Press
CASTLETON, Vt. (AP) - A single mother and her three children are homeless after a fire destroyed their mobile home in the Vermont town of Castleton.
The fire started in a closet that contained the home's heater Friday morning.
Chandra Savage noticed the fire as she was getting ready for work and tried to put it out with a towel but the fire grew quickly.
Officials say she got her children out of bed and out of the house.
The Rutland Herald reports (http://bit.ly/1ga9ekP ) that the family is now staying with a relative in Poultney.
Information from: Rutland Herald, http://www.rutlandherald.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)