Updated: 04/19/2014 9:33 AM
Created: 04/19/2014 7:15 AM WNYT.com
By: Jaired Crofut
Embellishments for your Easter Meal
1. Orange Marmalade Butter
2. Roasted Garlic
3. Citrus Fruit Sauce
4. Pear Chutney
5. Homemade Granola
Orange Marmalade Butter
1 Stick Softened Butter ( Not melted)
2 tbsp Orange Marmalade
1. Put butter and orange marmalade in a small mixing bowl.
2. Mix together and using a rubber spatula scrape butter out of bowl and put in small ramekin dish for serving or small mason jar.
1 Head Garlic
2 tbsp Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Using a sharp knife slice the top of the garlic bulb off to expose the cloves of garlic.
3. Place garlic on aluminum foil and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.
4. Fold up aluminum foil to make an enclosed tent around the garlic.
5. Place on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour. Garlic should be golden brown and softened when done.
6. Let cool and remove cloves from bulb. They can be added to olive oil or any dish to
Citrus Fruit Sauce
1 brick softened cream cheese
1 can thawed concentrated lime aid (1/2 can needed)
1 tsp grated lime
1. Add cream cheese to mixing bowl and beat with hand mixer until smooth.
2. Slowly add a half can of lime aid and lime zest and gradually beat in until smooth and creamy. Should be very thin to drizzle over fresh fruit salad.
2 green onion
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 cup orange juice
1. Wash pears well. Cut in to small dice and add to small heavy bottom sauce pan.
2. Chop green onion into small dice and add to pears.
3. Add honey, cinnamon, brown sugar and orange juice to pan and mix well.
4. Bring mixture to a boil stirring occasionally.
5. Reduce heat and cover let simmer on low for about 1/2 hour until pears softened and sugar and honey caramelize into a nice deep brown color. Serve warm or cold with sliced pork loin or ham.
Cranberry Almond Granola
3 cups Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
1 cup slivered almonds
1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
2 egg whites
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp almond extract
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees
2. Add oats and almonds to large mixing bowl.
3. In a small mixing bowl beat egg whites until frothy and add honey and almond extract.
4. Pour over oat mixture and combine well until all oats are covered.
5. Spread on a cookie sheet in a thin layer.
6. Bake for 45 minutes stirring and mixing up occasionally.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
8. Add dried cranberries and mix well. Breaking apart as you go. It may be stuck together so to separate you may need to use your hands.
9. Serve over fresh yogurt to make a parfait with fresh berries.
10. Store in airtight container for up to a week or two.