Created: 05/08/2014 1:35 PM WNYT.com
By: Jessica Riley
ALBANY – The City of Albany has announced parking restrictions and road closures for this weekend’s Tulip Festival.
On Friday, State Street from Eagle to Lodge Street will be closed to traffic between 9:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. CDTA will re-route all buses that normal use this area to Pine Street via Lodge Street. Parking in the section will also be prohibited.
There will also be parking restrictions in Washington Park starting Friday at 6 a.m. through Sunday.
Washington Park Road on the East side from Hudson Avenue north will have six spaces blocked off.
Parking on both sides will also be prohibited in the section from new Scotland Avenue to Lake Avenue.
That section will also be closed to all traffic.
At midnight on Saturday, all roads in Washington Park will be closed to traffic until 8 p.m. on Sunday.
The following roads will be also closed to all but local traffic:
May 10 & 11 - 9 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Lancaster St. between Lark St and Willett St.
- Hudson Ave. between Lark St and Willett St.
- Willett St. between Madison Ave and State St.
May 10 & 11 - 6 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Englewood Place between Western Ave and the south dead end
The following areas will also have parking restrictions:
May 10 & 11 - 6 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Englewood Place, both sides from Western Avenue to the south dead end
- Thurlow Terrace, both sides from Western Avenue to the south dead end
May 10 at 6 a.m. until May 11 at 8 p.m.
- Madison Avenue, north side from the bus stop east of New Scotland Avenue east 6 spaces
- State Street, south side 4 spaces west of Henry Johnson Blvd.
- S. Pearl Street, west side 2 spaces south of State St.
- Elk Street, both sides 3 spaces west of Eagle St.
- Elk Street, north side 3 spaces west of Hawk St.
A CDTA shuttle bus will be running from 10 a.m. until 8 p.m. on both May 10 and 11. The bus will make a loop to the following stops where parking is available:
- State Street at Henry Johnson Blvd: The bus will stop on the southwest corner on State St.
- S. Pearl Street at State Street: The bus will stop on the southwest corner of S. Pearl St.
- Madison Avenue & Eagle Street: The bus will stop on the northeast corner on Madison Ave.
- Elk Street at Eagle Street: The bus will stop on Elk St.
- Elk Street at N. Hawk Street: The bus will stop on Elk St.
If you live in any of the areas where parking may be affected by the event, the following parking areas are available:
- East Parking Garage on the corner of Madison Ave and Eagle St. Parking is available starting after 4 p.m. on Friday until Monday at 6 a.m.
- Cathedral & Museum Visitor Lot in the rear of the Cathedral of Immaculate Conception on Madison Ave. Parking is available on May 10 & 11 from 2 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Elk Street State parking areas- There are several surfaces parking areas that are available in this area starting after 4 p.m. on Friday until Monday at 6 a.m.