Updated: 06/21/2014 9:25 AM
Created: 06/20/2014 12:38 PM WNYT.com
By: WNYT Staff
Peanut Noodle Salad with Shrimp
1 tsp. sesame oil
2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
21 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
4 tsp. rice vinegar
1/2 tsp. Asian chili sauce (or 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes)
11/2 tsp. salt
12 oz. medium shrimp, peeled and deveined1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded and julienned
1 cup snow peas or edamame
1 carrot, peeled and julienned
½ cup English cucumbers- thinly julienne cut
Sesame seeds garnish
1. Heat oil over medium- high heat in a saucepan.
2. Add ginger and garlic; cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
3. Add soy sauce, vinegar, chili sauce, peanut butter, broth, and salt; cook, stirring, until peanut butter dissolves. Simmer over low heat 7 minutes until thick and smooth.
4. Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in salted boiling water 7 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes. Add bell pepper and snow peas; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
5. Toss pasta and vegetables with peanut sauce and carrot.
6. Cool & garnish w/ cucumbers & sesame seeds Nutritional analysis per serving: 491 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 57 g carbohydrates, 32 g protein