Updated: 07/04/2014 12:48 PM
Created: 07/04/2014 12:12 PM WNYT.com
By: WNYT Staff
TROY - Police say an early Friday morning fire at an apartment building in Troy was started in the kitchen.
The fire broke out after midnight on Friday on 5th Avenue, between 101st and 102nd Streets.
No one was injured.
Police say it started as a grease fire in an upstairs apartment.
One resident says tenants knocked on doors to wake each other up.
The Red Cross is helping two families affected by the fire, including three children.