Carbon monoxide in camper kills Colo. teen; 1 hurt

Posted at: 09/10/2013 12:35 PM
By:

Bookmark and Share

 

(AP) CEDAREDGE, Colo. - One Colorado teen is dead and another is in critical condition after they were apparently exposed to carbon monoxide in a camper.

Delta County Sheriff Fred McKee said Tuesday the boys and one other friend were watching videos Sunday in a camper inside a shed. They apparently went to sleep when something caused them to be exposed to carbon monoxide, an odorless, colorless gas that can cause brain damage or death.

McKee says 17-year-old Reid Gates died, and Aaron Henrie, who is the same age, was in critical condition. McKee says 15-year-old Tyler Cooper wasn’t seriously injured.

The sheriff says the youths, who were in high school together, were discovered by Cooper’s parents.

McKee says a preliminary investigation indicates "this was just a tragic accident."

___

Information from: The Daily Sentinel, http://www.gjsentinel.com

(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)



Advertisement

Advertisement


 

Instagram