Posted at: 09/12/2012 11:42 AM
| Updated at: 09/12/2012 12:59 PM
By: Andrew Murphy
ROTTERDAM - Preliminary findings point to welding work as the cause of a spark that ignited a fire in Rotterdam Tuesday.
The fire broke out at a house on Ferguson Street.
Police say the homeowner was in the garage doing work with a grinder and welder, and there were some sparks.
The homeowner went into the house for a short time - when he returned to the garage he saw it was on fire.
The family got out safely.
No one was injured.