Posted at: 09/17/2012 12:13 PM
| Updated at: 09/17/2012 12:48 PM
By: Andrew Murphy
MALTA - A fire broke out inside a garage attached to a house on Route 67 in Malta around four Monday morning.
Authorities say a man driving by the home stopped when he heard the smoke detectors going off.
He started banging on the door to wake everyone up and get them out.
All three people inside the house were able to make it out safely.
The garage is total loss, and the house has some smoke damage.
Officers say the fire does not seem suspicious.