Red Cross helps two people burned out of their Albany home
Posted at: 10/01/2012 1:45 PM
| Updated at: 10/01/2012 3:47 PM
By: Anna Didio
ALBANY – An Albany kitchen fire broke out Sunday night after the homeowner fell asleep while cooking, and the Red Cross is helping them.
Fire Chief Forezzi reports that the grease on the stove ignited, setting off the smoke detectors which allowed the family to get out of the house unharmed.
Forezzi says this was a reminder that smoke detectors really work, as they were instrumental in a safe evacuation in this fire.