Death of LA Clippers owner’s son ruled accidental
Posted at: 04/22/2013 10:05 PM
(AP) LOS ANGELES - Coroner’s investigators say the death of Los Angeles Clippers owner Donald Sterling’s son was a drug-related accident.
Los Angeles County Coroner’s officials said in a statement Monday that Scott Ashley Sterling died from a pulmonary embolism after injecting narcotic medication meant to be taken orally.
The report did not say with certainty what drug Scott Sterling injected, but said the painkiller oxycodone was found in his system.
It also listed diabetes as a significant condition in his death.
The body of the 32-year-old Sterling was found in his beachfront apartment in Malibu on New Year’s Day. The Sheriff’s Department said at the time his death was likely from a drug overdose, and an autopsy was performed Jan. 3.
The coroner expects to release a final report within two weeks.
(Copyright 2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)