Posted at: 01/04/2013 4:53 PM
| Updated at: 01/04/2013 5:55 PM
By: Andrew Murphy
A faulty circuit is being blamed for a devastating house fire Friday morning in Berkshire County.
It started around 5:30a.m. at 18 Brown Street in Adams.
Pictures from a NewsChannel 13 viewer show flames shooting through the roof.
No one was home at the time.
The home will likely be torn down.
In Washington County, a Fort Ann firefighter apparently caused a fire at his home while trying to thaw frozen pipes.
NewsChannel 13’s media partners at the Post-Star say fire crews were called to David Haines home Friday morning.
Fire chief Dave Gould would not discuss how Haines tried to thaw the pipes.