Posted at: 03/08/2013 8:43 AM | Updated at: 03/09/2013 3:51 PM
Chicken Sausage Casserole Recipes
Bilinski’s Apple Chardonnay Easter Breakfast Casserole
A better-for-you version of a breakfast or brunch favorite!
(Yield: About 12 servings)
· 1 tsp Canola oil or cooking spray
· 1 12-oz package of Bilinski’s Apple Chardonnay Chicken Sausage, cut into dices
· 2 cups 1% milk
· 8 eggs
· 1 tsp dry mustard
· ½ tsp ground black pepper
· ¼ tsp salt
· ¼ tsp ground red pepper
· 16 slices of white bread
· 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Coat pan with cooking spray or lightly coat with oil. Add sausage to pan and cook until browned (about 5 minutes).
2. Whisk together milk eggs and spices in a large bowl
3. Remove crusts from bread slices and cut bread into 1” cubes. Add bread, sausage and cheddar cheese to milk mixture and stir to combine.
4. Pour mixture into oil dish – either 13x9 baking dish or 3-qt casserole dish – and spread mixture evenly in the dish
5. Cover and refrigerate overnight
6. Pre-heat oven to 350 and bake casserole for 45 minutes, or until set and lightly browned.
Bilinski’s Mild Italian Chicken Sausage Casserole
(Serves about 8)
· 1 package (12 oz) of Bilinski’s Mild Italian Chicken Sausage, diced
· 1 ~12 oz bag of frozen broccoli florets
· 1/3 cup chopped scallions
· 1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
· 1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
· 6 large eggs
· ¼ cup fat-free half and half
· ½ tsp garlic powder
· ½ tsp black pepper
· ¼ tsp salt
· 2 large tomatoes, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350 and prepare a 9x13 baking dish by coating it with cooking spray or canola oil
2. Brown chicken sausage dices in a large skillet over medium heat
3. In a large bowl, combine browned sausage dices, broccoli, scallions and ½ cup of the shredded cheese
4. Spoon mixture into baking dish
5. Add ½ of the shredded cheese, ricotta cheese, eggs, half and half, garlic powder, salt and pepper and beat together until smooth.
6. Pour mixture over the sausage mixture in the baking dish
7. Sprinkle the rest of the shredded cheese evenly over the mixture in the pan and top with the tomato slices
8. Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until cooked throughout.