Two boys alert mom to basement fire

Posted at: 08/03/2013 11:01 AM
By: Cadence Acquaviva

Bookmark and Share

 

Two young boys are credited for alerting their mother to a basement fire in their Schenectady home Friday afternoon.

Fire officials say some clothing that was near a gas water heater caught fire in the basement of the single family home on Kent Ave. Officials say the boys saw the smoke and were able to alert their mother, who called the fire department.

Everyone got out safe. Officials say one other person lived in the house, but was not home when the fire broke out at 12:15pm.

The Red Cross is helping the family. Investigators are trying to determine if the water heater malfunctioned.



Advertisement


Advertisement

WNYT welcomes a lively and courteous discussion as long as you follow the rules of conduct set forth in our Terms of Use. Comments are not pre-screened before they post. You agree that anything you post may be used, along with your name and profile picture, in accordance with our Privacy Policy and the license you have granted pursuant to our Terms of Use.

Advertisement

Advertisement


 

Instagram