Posted at: 08/26/2013 11:38 AM
| Updated at: 08/26/2013 12:24 PM
By: Ben Gorenstein
Crews clean up damage at the Village Pizza II shop on Main Street in Catskill.
Matt Soriano / WNYT
CATSKILL – An electrical problem is being blamed for sparking a fire at a pizza shop Monday morning.
The fire broke out shortly after 8 a.m. at the Village Pizza II on Main Street.
The shop operator discovered the fire as he was coming into work for the day.
Most of the destruction was limited to the first floor area of the pizza shop, although the neighboring Daily Mail newspaper office sustained some smoke damage.
Family members that run the business said they were too upset to discuss future plans.
No one was hurt.