3-2-1 No Bake Cornflake Cookies from Elizabeth Barbone" /> 3-2-1 No Bake Cornflake Cookies from Elizabeth Barbone" />
Posted at: 08/29/2013 10:13 PM
| Updated at: 08/31/2013 9:27 AM
By: Amy Adamchick
3-2-1 No Bake Cornflake Cookies from Elizabeth Barbone, owner of glutenfreebaking.com
These cookies are so crunchy and flavorful that few will believe they only contain three ingredients!
3 cups cornflakes (use gluten-free cornflakes if needed)
2 cups sweetened, shredded coconut
1 pound dark candy coating or semi-sweet chocolate chips (use gluten-free if needed)
1. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In large bowl, toss together cornflakes and coconut.
3. Melt candy coating in a 2-cup microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30-second intervals, stirring after each interval, until coating is melted. (Stirring after 30 seconds prevents the candy coating from burning. Don't skip this step.)
4. Pour melted candy coating over cornflake mixture. Stir with wooden spoon to combine. Using two spoons, drop mixture, about 2 tablespoons each, onto prepared baking sheet.
5. Allow to cookies to set up, about 20 minutes, and then serve. To quicken set time, place cookie sheets in the refrigerator.
Makes about 2 dozen cookies.
These cookies welcome change. Here are some ideas to get you started:
*Replace the dark/semi-sweet chocolate with milk or white chocolate *Add 1 cup of your favorite chopped nuts along with the coconut.
*Add 1 cup of dried fruit along with the coconut *Omit the coconut. These cookies taste great with just the cornflakes and chocolate.
*Add one teaspoon chipotle powder for a sweet and spicy cookie.