Artisanal Grilled Cheese
September 03, 2017 10:42 AM
Melanie Teliska brings premium ingredients to bear, sprucing up the classic grilled cheese sandwich with Dan in the Let's Eat Kitchen.
Tomato, Pesto, Fresh Mozzarella Grilled Cheese
2 pieces artisan bread
2-3 pieces garden fresh tomato
3 slices fresh mozzarella
2tbsp fresh pesto
- Pre-heat flat top grill
- Butter each side of bread
- Spread pesto on each slice of bread
- Layer 3 pieces tomato
- Layer 3 slices fresh mozzarella
- Place on grill set to medium heat and grill for a couple minutes until golden brown.
- Turn sandwich and leave on grill until cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill and slice in half.
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves.
- 2 cloves garlic.
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Pecorino cheese.
- In a food processor pulse basil until fine
- Add walnuts and pulse
- Add fresh garlic and pulse
- As garlic is processing slowing add olive oil until a paste forms.
- When done add cheese and salt and pepper.
Updated: September 03, 2017 10:42 AM
Created: September 02, 2017 10:40 PM
Copyright 2017 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company