Farmer's Market Frittata
April 01, 2017 11:19 AM
Chef Josh Coletto makes his Let's Eat Kitchen debut, preparing a delicious Farmer's Market Frittata.
Farmers Market Frittata
This frittata can be made with anything, that's the beauty of it. Everything in this particular recipe comes from the Troy Farmers Market. I often will make one of these for myself in the beginning of the week, slice it up, and have a piece every day for a quick breakfast on the go.
2 Links Pork Andouille Sausage, cooked and sliced
1 1/2 Cups Mushrooms, rough chop
1 1/2 Cups Swiss Chard, Chiffonade
1 1/2 cups Soft Cheese, large dice
3/4 cup Cream
1 teaspoon Salt
pinch black pepper
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Crack your eggs into a large bowl. Add cream, salt, pepper and paprika and whisk until thoroughly combined.
2. Preheat a 10 inch cast iron pan (well seasoned) or a 10 inch nonstick pan over high heat.
3. Add a small amount of oil, once shimmering and just about smoking throw in your mushrooms. Give it a quick stir and let it go until it starts to smell a bit nutty.
4. Once the mushrooms are nutty and brown, add your swiss chard and sliced sausage. Cook until wilted down, about 1 minute.
5. Turn the heat off and add egg mixture.
6. Evenly distribute chunks of cheese across the whole frittata, then give it a little shake to make sure they are covered by the egg.
7. Put into preheated oven for 30 minutes or until center is no longer jiggly.
8. Cool it and eat some frittata.
Updated: April 01, 2017 11:19 AM
Created: April 01, 2017 08:46 AM
Copyright 2017 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company