Fried Mac 'n' Cheese Balls
February 04, 2017 11:24 AM
Nevillene White of Albany's Soul Kitchen brings along De'joni Robinson, her talented, young apprentice to make Fried Mac 'n' Cheese Balls in the Let's Eat Kitchen.
SOUL KITCHEN’S FRIED MAC N’ CHEESE INGREDIENTS:
3 cups homemade macaroni and cheese
2 cups vegetable oil, or more, as needed
2 large eggs, beaten
½ cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups Panko
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1. Place macaroni and cheese into the refrigerator until firm, about 3-4 hours.
2. Heat vegetable oil in a tabletop fryer or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
3. Roll macaroni and cheese into 1 1/4-to-1 1/2-inch balls, forming about 12.
4. Working one at a time, dip balls into eggs, then dredge in Panko, pressing to coat.
5. Working in batches, add balls to the Dutch oven and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
6. Serve immediately, garnished with chives, if desired
Updated: February 04, 2017 11:24 AM
Created: February 04, 2017 10:07 AM
Copyright 2017 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company