Spinach Crab Artichoke Dip
January 28, 2017 11:17 AM
Chef Nick of Salt & Char in Saratoga Springs prepares his Spinach Crab Artichoke Dip for Dan in the Let's Eat Kitchen.
8 oz baby spinach, blanched, drained & chopped
8 oz artichokes, drained & chopped
8 oz jumbo lump crab meat, drained
2 oz parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup buttermilk
8 oz cream cheese at room temperature
½ cup panko bread crumbs, toasted
½ T onion powder
½ T garlic powder
½ T kosher salt
1 t black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl combine buttermilk, cream cheese, sour cream, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl fold together chopped artichokes, chopped drained spinach with half of the parmesan cheese, reserving some for on top of dip.
- Very gently fold the spinach and artichoke mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Take drained crab meat and fold into all ingredients until combined making sure not to break up the crab meat.
- In a oven safe dish place all ingredients making sure to have an even layer across the dish.
- Top with toasted panko bread crumbs and remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 – 30 min until warm and bubbly.
- Serve with grilled bread and chips for dipping
Updated: January 28, 2017 11:17 AM
Created: January 27, 2017 02:05 PM
Copyright 2017 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company