Man dies in Northumberland home fire
March 20, 2017 06:24 PM
A man has died after a fire broke out at his home in Saratoga County.
Edward Wilusz was 63, one of his three daughters confirmed to NewsChannel 13.
The fire broke out late Sunday night at the home in Northumberland.
Someone driving by spotted the flames and called for help.
An assistant chief was first on the scene and got inside through the back.
About two dozen firefighters arrived and were able to pull the man who lived there out of the house.
He was found in the living room and his dog was in the breezeway.
Weather does not appear to be a factor but as with most spots in the area, it is a rural spot so getting here quickly is always a challenge to keep it from spreading.
The dog, a German Sheppard, seems to be doing OK.
Updated: March 20, 2017 06:24 PM
Created: March 20, 2017 05:43 AM
Copyright 2017 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company