New partnership hopes to curb Capital Region crime
December 06, 2017 05:23 PM
A new partnership is trying to make the Capital Region safer.
"Capital Region Crime Stoppers" lets people submit anonymous tips and info to law enforcement. If the tip leads to an arrest, there could be a $1,500 reward.
The independent organization is collaborating with local law enforcement at the Albany Police Department's Information Coordination Unit.
SEFCU and other organizations are helping with funding.
"Crime Stoppers" began during a 1976 New Mexico homicide investigation. Anonymous tips then led to a suspect’s arrest within 72 hours.
You can submit a tip the following three ways:
- You may call the Capital Region Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-(833)-ALB-TIPS
- Submit a tip via www.capitalregioncrimestoppers.com and click "Submit a Tip"
- Download the FREE P3 Tips application to your smart device or cell phone
The following Capital Region organizations are currently participating:
- Albany Police Department
- Albany County Probation Department
- Albany County Sheriff’s Office
- Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms and Explosives
- Bethlehem Police Department
- Colonie Police Department
- East Greenbush Police Department
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Fulton County Drug Task Force
- Guilderland Police Department
- Menands Police Department
- North Greenbush Police Department
- Rensselaer Police Department
- Saratoga County Sheriff’s Office
- Saratoga Springs Police Department
- Schenectady Police Department
- Watervliet Police Department
Updated: December 06, 2017 05:23 PM
Created: December 06, 2017 03:57 PM
Copyright 2017 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company