Advertisement

Cohoes deals with major gas leak

January 01, 2018 05:19 AM

COHOES -- Part of Cohoes is shut down because of what the mayor called a major gas leak.

Half the block of Van Vechten Street and Ontario were closed off just before noon. Cohoes fire officials say a resident called in the leak after smelling gas in a basement.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

Three buildings with 17 apartments were affected, and about 30 people were evacuated. The mayor's office opened the senior center for people who need a warm place to stay.

National Grid says they're still on the scene trying to find the cause. They say the residents may not be allowed back until late Sunday or early Monday.  

Credits

WNYT Staff

Copyright 2018 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Advertisement
Relay Media Amp
Advertisement
Advertisement
Republicans lead in regional Special Election results

Man in custody after 2 Dallas officers, store employee shot

Heavy fire breaks in Rensselaer engulfing multiple homes

Raccoon killing in Coeymans prompts wildlife sensitivity training for cops

'Smallville' actress posts $5M in NXIVM case

Advertisement