Advertisement

Colonie fire blamed on rice-filled heating pad

A viewer photo of a house fire on Harwich Drive in Colonie. A viewer photo of a house fire on Harwich Drive in Colonie. |

November 06, 2017 04:31 PM

COLONIE - A rice-filled heating pad is now blamed for a fire that killed a dog in Colonie.

The fire broke out on Harwich Drive Saturday evening.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

Firefighters say the heating pad was left in the microwave too long and the homeowner put it outside next to the home, causing the fire.

The home's roof collapsed. Activated solar panels on the roof posed a challenge for firefighters.

No people were hurt.

The fire chief is reminding people to always follow directions on the heating pad. If one burns, he says to put it in water.

Credits

WNYT Staff

Copyright 2017 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Advertisement
Relay Media Amp
Advertisement
Advertisement
Niskayuna School District holds safety debriefing after lockdown

No clear plan yet on how to reunite parents with children

New York lawmakers to wrap up 2018 session

11-year-old girl lobbies for medical marijuana

Push to suspend Greek-life at RPI has many people furious

Advertisement