Advertisement

Fire heavily damages Pittsfield home

November 24, 2017 01:58 PM

PITTSFIELD, Mass. -- Fire has caused nearly $100,000 in damage to a Pittsfield home.

It happened Thanksgiving afternoon.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

Firefighters say the home at 94 Ridge Avenue on Pontoosuck Lake was heavily involved when they arrived. A non-working fire hydrant also stood in their way.

They also say a homeowner opened a door to a woodshop, giving the smoldering fire a powerful force of oxygen known as a "backdraft." That blew open the door with enough force to destroy the framing. Luckily, the homeowner only has minor injuries.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.

Credits

WNYT Staff

Copyright 2017 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Advertisement
Relay Media Amp
Advertisement
Advertisement
Robbery suspect in custody after standoff

Two Knights of Columbus cooks go above and beyond fish fry dinner

Trump overreaches to claim indictment proves 'no collusion'

Trump focuses on first responders after Florida shooting

AG Healey: Use funds to encourage adoption of electric cars

Advertisement