No bake cranberry apple cheesecake
December 14, 2017 01:23 PM
No Bake Cranberry Apple Cheesecake
Active Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 1 Hour 20 Minutes
Makes six 8-oz jars.
1 cup crushed graham crackers
2 tablespoons butter
2 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced
1 cup frozen cranberries
¼ cup packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup apple cider
1 cup sugar
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 ½ cups heavy cream
Caramel topping for drizzle
1. Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl by heating it for 30
2. In a medium bowl, drizzle the melted butter over the crushed graham
crackers and stir until the graham crackers are evenly coated.
3. Sprinkle the graham cracker crust into the mason jars. Do not press
the graham crackers down to the bottom of the jar, so as not to
make it too firm.
4. Combine all the ingredients for the fruit layer in a medium skillet; a
cast iron skillet is ideal. Bring the mixture to a boil for one to two
minutes over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
5. Reduce the mixture to a simmer. Stir about every 20 to 30 seconds
until it thickens. This should take about four to five minutes.
6. Remove the mixture from the heat and allow it to cool for about 20
7. Meanwhile, combine all the cheesecake ingredients in a large bowl.
Beat the ingredients on high for one to two minutes, or until soft
peaks begin to form.
8. Distribute the apple cranberry mixture into each mason jar, followed
by the cheesecake layer.
9. Drizzle each jar with caramel syrup.
10. Refrigerate each jar for 1 hour before enjoying.
Updated: December 14, 2017 01:23 PM
Created: December 14, 2017 06:11 AM
Copyright 2017 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company