St. Patrick's Day parking restrictions and road closures
Photo: St. Patrick's Day Parade.
March 17, 2018 09:57 AM
St. Patrick’s Day Events in the City of Albany
Road Closures and Parking Restrictions
North Albany Limerick Parade – Saturday, March 17, 2018 from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.
The North Albany Limerick Parade route:
Kick-off – North First Street west of North Pearl Street at the North Albany American Legion Post; parade will proceed east to North Pearl Street, then south of North Pearl Street to Emmett Street; east on Emmett Street to Broadway; North on Broadway to Wolfert Avenue in the Village of Menands; back south on North Pearl Street to North First Street
• North First Street between Broadway and Van Rensselaer Boulevard
• North Pearl Street between Wolfert Avenue and Emmett Street
• Broadway between Wolfert Avenue and Emmett Street
• North Second Street, eastbound at Broadway & eastbound and westbound at North Pearl Street
• North Third Street, eastbo und at Broadway & eastbound and westbound at North Pearl Street
• Lawn Avenue, westbound at Broadway & eastbound and westbound at North Pearl Street
• Bonheim Street, eastbound at Broadway & eastbound and westbound at North Pearl Street
• Lindbergh Avenue, eastbound at Broadway & eastbound and westbound at North Pearl Street
There will not be any parking restrictions for the North Albany parade.
St. Patrick’s Day 5K Run – 12:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m. AND
Albany St. Patrick’s Day Parade 2:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
The 5K run will utilize the same roadways as the St. Patrick’s Day Parade. The 5K, however, will start and end on State Street between Broadway and Pearl Street.
Road Closures – Saturday, March 17, 2018:
Starting at 11:00 a.m., Central Avenue between Manning Boulevard and Quail Street will be closed for parade lineup.
Also at 11:00 a.m., 5K and parade route will be closed to ALL TRAFFIC:
Parade Route - Central Avenue starting at Quail Street, parade will proceed east on Central Avenue to Washington Avenue; then east on Washington Avenue to State Street; east on State Street to Pearl Street.
PLEASE NOTE - All cross streets along the parade route will be also be closed in preparation for the 5K and parade kick off. This will include Eagle Street as well as North and South Pearl Streets from Pine Street to Hudson Avenue.
Parking Restrictions - Saturday, March 17, 2018 from 6:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.:
• Central Avenue, both sides from Ontario Street to Lake Avenue.
• Quail Street, east side from Central Avenue to Sherman Street.
• Washington Avenue, south side from Dove Street to South Swan Street.
• Eagle Street, east side from Corning Place to Pine Street.
• State Street, both sides from Lark Street east 3 spaces on each side.
• State Street, south side from S. Swan Street e ast to Plaza Road east of LOB.
• State Street, south side from Eagle Street to Pearl Street.
• State Street, both sides from Pearl Street to Broadway.
• South Swan Street, east side from Madison Avenue to Washington Avenue.
• Broadway, both sides from Pine Street to Hudson Avenue.
Updated: March 17, 2018 09:57 AM
Created: March 17, 2018 09:56 AM
Copyright 2018 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company