Advertisement

Wilton bank fire blamed on faulty electrical outlet

Firefighters on the scene of the Adirondack Trust Company fire on Wednesday. Firefighters on the scene of the Adirondack Trust Company fire on Wednesday. | Photo: WNYT.

March 15, 2017 06:00 PM

WILTON - The fire that destroyed the Adirondack Trust Company branch on Route 9 in Wilton was caused by a faulty electrical outlet under a teller station.

The Saratoga County fire coordinator says investigators were able to pinpoint the cause late Wednesday afternoon.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

Firefighters from five departments battled the elements and the fire, which was reported at about 2:30 Tuesday, the peak of the blizzard.

The bank had closed early because of the storm and employees left at around 1 p.m.

Credits

WNYT Staff

Copyright 2017 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Advertisement
Advertisement