Basmati Rice with Onions and Herbs
From fin – your fishmonger.
Serves: 2 (plus 4 extra servings for the freezer because you are busy!)
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice (about 10 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 1 cups chopped onion (such as Vidalia or Walla Walla)
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- Rinse rice under cold water until water runs clear; set aside.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions; sauté until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice, 2 1/2 cups water, and 1 1/2 teaspoons salt; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook until rice is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 10 minutes.
- Stir in herbs. Season with pepper and more salt, if desired.
- Transfer to bowl and serve.