Price Chopper/Market 32 donating $27k in gift cards to help Afghan refugees
Price Chopper/Market 32 has made a big donation to six organizations that support Afghan refugee resettlement in the United States.
The organizations will split $27,000 in Price Chopper/Market 32 gift cards.
"This donation to resettlement efforts reflects Price Chopper/Market 32’s commitment to our communities, enriching culture, and veterans, including Afghan refugees who once served U.S. interests in conflict and war zones in Afghanistan," said Mona Golub, vice president of public relations and consumer services at Price Chopper/Market 32, in a statement.
The organizations that will split the gift cards include:
- The U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants in Albany, N.Y.
- The U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants in Colchester, Vt.
- The Center (Mohawk Valley Resource Center for Refugees) in Utica, N.Y.
- Interfaith Works of Central New York in Syracuse, N.Y.
- Refugee and Immigrant Assistance Center in Worcester, Mass.
- Ascentria Care Alliance in Concord, N.H. and Worcester, Mass.