Jerked chicken with mango salsa from Eight Count Kitchen
April 05, 2019 01:19 PM
Jerked Chicken topped with a Mango Salsa, served over Honey Glazed Roasted Veggies
(4) Chicken Leg & Thigh Quarters
- Stem-on baby Carrots
- Red Potatoes
- Green Peas
- Red Pepper
- Lime Juice
- Red Onion
Herbs, Spices and Misc:
- Black Pepper
- Cooking Oil
- Mild Jerk Seasoning/ paste/ sauce
- Liquid Smoke
- Pimento Seed
- Once chicken is cleaned and trimmed, and oven is preheated to 400 degrees, make a slight incision or a "spice pocket" just under the skin of the chicken. Season to taste, skin side up with salt, adobo, and black pepper.
- Insert fresh thyme, and pimento seed into the "spice pocket" and coat generously with mild jerk seasoning/jerk paste. Add liquid smoke to the seasoned chicken, and place on a flat baking tray or cookie sheet, and place in the oven until for about 1 hour or until skin begins to darken.
- Chop veggies as needed, and toss them in a generous amount of cooking oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and place them on a flat baking tray or cookie sheet, and bake in the oven for about 45mins or until veggies or roasted brown.
- Medium-small dice mango, red onion, red pepper and fine chopped cilantro and add to a mixing bowl. Add a tablespoon of cooking oil, a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper to taste, and gently combine with a spoon or your hand.
- Glaze or lightly drizzle honey over the roasted veggies in a diagonal motion, starting from the top edge of the baking tray. Add another pinch of salt, and let it cook for about 3-5 more minutes.
- Remove chicken and veggies from the oven and let cool for about 3-5 mins before serving.
- Plate veggies on the bottom of a serving dish, horizontally stack chicken over the veggies, and add mango salsa over the jerked chicken.
- Serve and enjoy
Updated: April 05, 2019 01:19 PM
Created: April 05, 2019 01:17 PM
Copyright 2019 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved