Vodka Pickled Shrimp Sliders
October 01, 2017 10:34 AM
A.J. Jayapal of Swifty's Restaurants makes Vodka Pickled Shrimp Sliders, and Serene Mastrianni brings a cocktail to match. It's all to help anticipate the 3rd Annual Swifty's Golf Tournament - with funds raised helping out a good cause.
Chef A.J. Presents:
Pick Six Hand Made Vodka Pickled Shrimp
Ingredients for Pickled Shrimp:
2 -16 oz. glass mason jars and lids
1 pound of 31/40 fully cooked shrimp thawed, squeezed dry and tails removed
1 -12oz jar of sliced mild banana pepper rings
1/2 cup of Pick Six Vodka
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 tsp of oregano
1/2 tsp of old bay
1/2 tsp of lobster base
Method for Pickled Shrimp (Do this 1 week in advance so it has time to cure):
- Drain the pepper rings in a strainer over a bowl and set the juice aside.
- Take the drained pepper rings and mix it with the shrimp and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the vodka with the rest of the ingredients and the pepper juice making sure the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Divide the shrimp and pepper ring mixture between the two mason jars. Pack down in the jars firmly.
- Pour the juice mixture over the shrimp in each jar evenly and until fully submerged.
- Seal each jar with a lid and place in the refrigerator.
- This is a cold pickling process, ALWAYS use glass jars and must stay chilled at all times.
Updated: October 01, 2017 10:34 AM
Created: October 01, 2017 07:54 AM
Copyright 2017 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company