Apple Honey Crisp
November 18, 2018 10:54 AM
Jodie Fitz’s Apple Honey Crisp
5- 8 apples
3 tablespoons water
2 ½ tablespoons honey
1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
½ cup flour
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash, peel, core and dice the apples.
- Mix the water, honey & cinnamon together. Fill 10 – 8 oz. canning jars three-quarters full with the peach mixture.
- Mix the brown sugar, oats & flour together in a bowl with a fork. Using a pastry cutter (or a fork & knife) cut the butter into the mixture. Evenly distribute the topping to the individual jars.
- Bake the jars on a baking sheet for approximately 30 minutes; until the topping is golden brown & the fruit mixture is bubbling.
- Serve warm with Honey Cream.
Jodie Fitz’s Honey Cream
1 ½ cups whipping cream (or heavy cream)
¼ cup honey
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Using an electric mixer, whip all of the ingredients together until the cream has peaked/thickened (which means it’s stiff & when you pull up the ‘turned off’ electric mixer beaters straight up it will bring the cream to a peaked point).
What to drink for the Adults? Pull out a dessert wine like Riesling, Moscato or an Ice Wine.
For the kids? Try warmed cider with orange slices & cinnamon sticks
Created: November 18, 2018 10:54 AM
Copyright 2018 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved