Black and Blue Burger
June 22, 2019 11:59 AM
- 4 8oz burgers
- 4 of your favorite hamburger buns. (Make sure the bun you use has enough Integrity for the sauces, toppings and juicy burger)
- 4 oz blue cheese (any type, the funkier the better)
- Caramelized onions
- Horseradish cream
- Kosher salt
- Corse ground black pepper
- Pre heat grill, flat top, or saute pan to high heat. Pat burgers dry.
- Season each side of the burger generously with kosher salt and the coarse black pepper, then cook on each side.
- Pull burgers off at desired temperature. Set aside and let rest at least 5 minutes
- While the beef is resting, split buns in half and lightly butter, then toast each side.
- Spread horseradish cream on bottom bun. Top with arugula and the beef. Top with blue cheese crumbles and the caramelized onions.
- Dig in!
- 1 cup mayo
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup horseradish
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire
Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and incorporate thoroughly.
- 2 yellow onions
- 3 tbs canola oil
- Cut onions in half and remove outer peel.
- Put flat side down and slice thinly.
- Heat a large saute pan over medium high heat, then add oil to the pan.
- Once it begins to show wisps of smoke, add those onions.
- Cook stirring occasionally till very tender and nicely browned.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (add sugar if you like it sweeter).
Updated: June 22, 2019 11:59 AM
Created: June 22, 2019 08:41 AM
Copyright 2019 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved