Advertisement

Schenectady home that burned had code violations

March 28, 2019 02:22 PM

Residents inside the Schenectady home that burned on Wednesday were not supposed to be there.

NewsChannel 13 has learned that residents at the home, located at Georgetta Dix and Westover Place in Schenectady, were ordered to evacuate March 7. The city cited the landlord, Etwaru Savitree, with several safety violations.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

NewsChannel 13 told you on Wednesday that two children played a role helping save people from the home.

Credits

WNYT Staff

Copyright 2019 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Advertisement
Relay Media Amp
Advertisement
Advertisement
Community builds "tiny home" for local veteran

Man in critical condition after parasailing accident at Lake George

Bear spotted and caught by Rotterdam Police

Beekman Boys receive backlash over charity campaign

Crash involving State Police car under investigation

Advertisement