Crispy Chicken Torta
July 15, 2018 01:29 PM
Crispy Chicken Torta is a crispy chicken sandwich with avocado, tomato, sweet onion and stringy Oaxacan cheese or fresh mozzarella served on a sesame seed or brioche bun. These tasty sandwiches are widely available from taco trucks and taquerias in metropolitan New York City and beyond. Larry's All Natural Chipotle Sauce gives the sandwich a special kick that is hard to resist.
4 chicken cutlets, either breast or thigh
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup all flour
1 egg beaten
1 cup panko or other bread crumbs
1/2 cup vegetable oil for frying
4 sesame seed or brioche buns
2 small or one large ripe avocado, cut into thin slices
4 thin slices Vidalia sweet onion
4 thick slices of ripe tomato
¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
12 ounces Queso Oaxaca or fresh mozzarella
8 to 10 tablespoons Larry's All Natural Chipotle Sauce
· Salt and pepper the chicken cutlets.
· Dredge the cutlets in the flour, then the egg wash, and then the bread crumbs.
· Heat the oil in a frying pan to medium high and cook the cutlets until crispy, about three to five minutes. Drain.
· Slice the bun and place slices of avocado, onion, tomato and cheese on each.
· Top with cilantro and Larry’s Chipotle Sauce and serve.
Larry’s All Natural Chipotle Sauce is available at Hannaford, Shoprite and Price Chopper/Mkt32, Honest Weight Food Coop, Delmar Marketplace, Chatham Food Coop, Adams Fairacre Farms, and online at amazon.com
Updated: July 15, 2018 01:29 PM
Created: July 15, 2018 11:09 AM
Copyright 2018 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved