1 unbaked pie shell (9-inch)
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup chopped broccoli (optional)
1 cup chopped asparagus (optional)
1 cup fresh mushrooms (optional)
½ stick (4TBSP) butter
¼ cup grated parmesan cheese
¾ cup grated swiss cheese
1 ½ cup half and half
1 tsp. garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place unbaked pie shell in a square 8 x 8 baking dish or in 9-inch pie plate. Set aside.
3. Melt butter in a non-stick frying pan and sauté onions and mushrooms (optional) or any vegetable you decide to add and cook until soft. Add to the bottom of the pie shell. Sprinkle cheeses on top.
4. In a bowl, beat eggs; add half and half, add garlic salt & thyme and whisk well.
5. Pour egg mixture into pie shell and bake in preheated oven for 40-45 minutes.
6. Serve warm or cold. A nice green side salad goes great for brunch, lunch or dinner.