Advertisement

Elderly couple dies in Pittsfield house fire

October 12, 2018 04:49 AM

Fire investigators say a fire that killed an elderly couple early Thursday morning was electrical.

The fire broke out just before 4 a.m. on Bryan Street on the north side of the city. The fire chief says the cause of the fire was an extension cord, into a power strip, into a faulty outlet that was covered in boxes and other stuff.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

The couple had lived in the house for decades. Their adult daughter who was also living there jumped out a window and was able to escape with minor burns.

— John Craig (@JohnCraigWNYT) October 11, 2018

The couple was found on the first floor of the home. The woman died at the scene. Her husband was rushed to Berkshire Medical Center where he later died.

Firefighters say their adult daughter, who was home at the time, managed to get out and run to a neighbor's house to call 911.

The house is destroyed.

Credits

WNYT Staff

Copyright 2018 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved

Advertisement
Relay Media Amp
Advertisement
Advertisement
NY lawmakers OK licenses for immigrants in US illegally

First responder talks about Thacher State Park search and rescue

St. Clare's pensioners push for law preventing corp. dissolution

Police: 4 shot, 3 arrested at Raptors rally in Toronto

Consumer Reports advocates for more restrictions on robocalls

Advertisement