Faulty wiring blamed in 10-year-old girl's death
July 11, 2018 02:19 PM
(KTAL) Texas state inspectors are investigating the wiring in a New Boston rental home where a 10-year-old girl was electrocuted to determine if criminal charges may be filed.
Greenlee Buckley was trying to find some baby kittens behind the family's dryer when she was killed.
"There was enough electricity when I grabbed the dryer that it knocked me back. And, between adrenaline and panic I grabbed the dryer out of the wall and got my little girl. She was already gone," Scott Hendrix, Greenlee's father, said.
Greenlee's parents said they've had electrical issues in their rental before.
"I had been shocked by the washer and shocked by the dryer, but in the back of my mind it was like a static electricity shock," Shelby Roos, her mother, said.
Roos and Hendrix said they had complained to their landlord, but they claim only unlicensed people were sent to address the problems, so they refused service. They said there were even problems in the bathroom.
"If one of us took a shower in there and you hit your head on the shower knob you would get shocked," Roos said.
Read more: http://bit.ly/2L3Z8K8
Created: July 11, 2018 02:19 PM
Copyright 2018 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved