Advertisement

Fire heavily damages Pittsfield home

November 24, 2017 01:58 PM

PITTSFIELD, Mass. -- Fire has caused nearly $100,000 in damage to a Pittsfield home.

It happened Thanksgiving afternoon.

Advertisement – Content Continues Below

Firefighters say the home at 94 Ridge Avenue on Pontoosuck Lake was heavily involved when they arrived. A non-working fire hydrant also stood in their way.

They also say a homeowner opened a door to a woodshop, giving the smoldering fire a powerful force of oxygen known as a "backdraft." That blew open the door with enough force to destroy the framing. Luckily, the homeowner only has minor injuries.

The cause of the fire is believed to be accidental.

Credits

WNYT Staff

Copyright 2017 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company

Advertisement
Relay Media Amp
Advertisement
Advertisement
Albany neighborhood says they've been neglected for years

Bullet holes found in Albany County Democratic headquarters building

Pittsfield pot shops face challenges before opening

Protesters call for justice in Troy police-involved shooting

New 911 link to help keep Albany County schools safe

Advertisement