Florida woman killed in port-a-potty explosion
September 30, 2019 01:22 PM
Authorities are investigating after a Florida woman was killed in a port-a-potty explosion on Saturday.
It happened near a home that's under construction in St. Augustine.
First responders said the portable toilet was on fire when they arrived at the scene. After putting out the flames, firefighters discovered the woman's remains.
She has not been identified.
The state fire marshal is looking into the cause of the explosion. Investigators said it's possible that the victim was smoking and ignited fumes from inside the toilet.
Updated: September 30, 2019 01:22 PM
Created: September 30, 2019 12:48 PM
Copyright 2019 WNYT-TV LLC, a Hubbard Broadcasting Company. All rights reserved