- 2 8oz fillets of salmon (sustainable wild or responsibly farmed)
- 2T brown sugar
- 2T Dijon mustard
- 2T maple syrup
- Salt and pepper
- 1C brown lentils
- 1T olive oil
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 carrot cut into coins
- Care to add other chopped vegetables? Do! Onion, tomatoes, celery, parsnip, whatever!
- Salt to taste
- 2C water
- Sauté garlic in olive oil for 2 minutes, until fragrant. Add salt, bay leaf and water.
- Bring to a boil, add lentils
- Lower to simmer, cover and cook for 40 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place salmon fillets (with skin) on a foiled cookie sheet – salt and pepper the salmon
- Pop into the oven for 10 minutes per inch of fish (usually 12 – 15 minutes for salmon)
- Meanwhile, place brown sugar, Dijon mustard and maple syrup
- into a small sauce pan and mix together until it makes a glaze (about 2 minute
- Plate the lentils, top with roasted salmon and drizzle the glaze over the salmon.
fin – your fishmonger
2050 Western Avenue, Guilderland, NY 12084
Copyright 2020 - WNYT-TV, LLC A Hubbard Broadcasting Company